Strange Brouhaha

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Take5 Tuesday

I'm not sure if I've ever tried Take5 Tuesday before. I don't think I have, it looks pretty new. Here's today's.

1. 5 of your favorite words. Defenestration, of course, followed by onomatopoeia, conflagration, noisome, and wizened.
2. 5 of your favorite quotes. These are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. I probably have others that are more favorite than these, but these bubbled up first.
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always. (Gandhi)

If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember what you said. (My dad)

Three men can keep a secret, if two of them are dead. (Franklin))

That's the biz, sweetheart. (Remo Williams)

Come with me if you want to live. (The Terminator)

3. 5 things you like about your job, (if you have one.) I work with interesting technology, usually before it's released in this country. I get paid pretty well. I have a great staff. Every so often I'll be watching TV and I'll hear and/or see things that I know have been made with the products that go through my department. And last but not least, I'm back to playing guitar at work, for work. (Occasionally.)
4. 5 places you would like to live. Madison WI, Honolulu HI, New York NY (only if I was rich), Chicago IL (ditto), London England.
5. 5 things you like about blogging, (or the internet in general. First, information is never more than a few clicks away; accurate information may take a bit longer to uncover. Second, blogging forces me to write at least a little bit. Third, it sort of relieves me of the responsibility of sending out "Here's what we did this year" letters, at which I would be terrible. Fourth, it saves stamps when I want to write a letter. (And yes, I realize that I'm spending the equivalent of six books of stamps to be on the Internet every month. But all I have to do for that is write a check!) Fifth, memes like this one are a great way to make a person think about his life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home