Strange Brouhaha

Monday, May 05, 2008

As a matter of fact...


  • Yes, I did fail to write a single word for this year's Script Frenzy. Just overtaken by events, I guess. I don't even feel guilty, which is either a good thing or a bad thing.

  • Yes, I did purchase Grand Theft Auto IV on launch day, and yes, I am playing it. Verdict so far: not as strong a beginning as GTA: San Andreas, but it's good so far. I have a feeling the Bad Things are about to happen.

  • Yes, we did watch "This is Spinal Tap" this weekend (The Child was at a sleepover), and yes, it's still funny. "I'm just as God made me, sir!"

  • Yes, I do miss CompUSA. Sure, they had high prices and a fairly lousy selection, but it was the only place a person could go in this town for components. If your computer blew a fan or something on a Saturday afternoon, you could always go to CompUSA and be up and running again. Now, at least around here, there's nowhere. Best Buy doesn't sell parts, and I only use Circuit City for the short-term rental program. This isn't prompted by any purchase I needed to make; I was just talking to someone today and we both realized that it was true.

  • Yes, we watched the Kentucky Derby this weekend. Amazing race, tragic outcome. Even though I was sitting there saying, "At least show the horse collapsing!", I have to agree with NBC's decision to show none of it. There were some very nice articles about Eight Belles today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home