Strange Brouhaha

Thursday, March 31, 2005

The End Of...I Dunno What

As of today, I am officially unemployed.

It's an odd feeling. On the one hand, it has been a long, dragged-out process just getting to this day, so it's a giant relief. On the other hand...well, I'm sure you can figure out the other hand.

For me, it was a strangely unemotional day. I went in, turned in a few forms, made a last sweep through my desk and bookcases, uninstalled a few pieces of personal software and made sure that any private data was gone. Said no goodbyes, went out to lunch with a couple of friends, and that was it.

If I haven't said this before: I don't recommend being laid off. It's not good for the psyche.

2 Comments:

  • That really sucks. Good luck.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:39 PM  

  • (Michelle) So when you coming back to Hawaii?...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home