Strange Brouhaha

Sunday, September 03, 2006

And The Sunday Seven

While I'm at it, here's today's Sunday Seven: "Name up to seven Sunday cartoons from the comics section that you enjoy from time to time." (I'm limiting myself to currently-running new comics, so reruns of Peanuts and Calvin & Hobbes don't count. Not that they would anyway.)

FoxTrot (still my favorite after over fifteen years), Get Fuzzy (hilarious), Pearls Before Swine, Funky Winkerbean, Garfield (it still makes me laugh once or twice a year), Real Life Adventures and Bizarro. The Wisconsin State Journal's comics section is really lame.

5 Comments:

  • dpb

    You can add Frazz and Opus to the mix as well.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:29 PM  

  • Today's Frazz is funny. Sadly, I never really got into Opus. It just doesn't seem to be as good as Bloom County was.

    By Blogger Robert, at 9:38 PM  

  • Oooh. I find Opus to be mind-blowingly terrible. Doubly so, considering the source. He just tries SOOOOO hard. Maybe Bloom County was like that, too, but I grew past it.

    Pearls and Get Fuzzy are my top two. Doonesbury. Arlo and Janis is frequently good, and Sundays frequently focus on their cat, Ludwig, which is a plus. I still like Dilbert and For Better Or For Worse, as well.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:43 PM  

  • dpb
    I understand where you're coming from with Opus, but Pearls Before Swine? Really? I just don't get that one. I read it almost daily, and I don't think I have *ever* laughed at that one.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:52 AM  

  • Danny Donkey (in Pearls) is hilarious.

    We don't get Doonesbury.

    I love For Better Or For Worse, but we don't get that either. Lynn Johnston is a great storyteller.

    By Blogger Robert, at 1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home