Strange Brouhaha

Monday, September 18, 2006

Patrick's Sunday Seven

The Sunday Seven from Patrick's Weekender:


Take a walk through your kitchen. Come up with at least seven appliances or electric gadgets that you'd hate to be without when you have kitchen duty for any reasonable length of time.


I'm glad that "appliances" is in there, because otherwise there's no way I have seven things in my kitchen that I couldn't do without. Heck, I may not even make it to seven.

1. Oven
2. Stove
3. Refrigerator
4. Dishwasher
5. Kitchen Scale (indispensable for baking!)
6. Quick-read thermometer (very helpful for baking)
7. Timer

I don't use a lot of gadgets when I cook. A good knife and a heat source, and I'm pretty much set. I don't really make things that require gadgets, though, and when I do I use someone else's.

Oh, and I'm serious about the kitchen scale, too--my baking improved a LOT when I started weighing the dry ingredients rather than relying on measuring cups.

2 Comments:

  • A microwave to defrost frozen dinners.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:26 PM  

  • I would have put that on the list, but if I'm cooking for real, the only thing I use the microwave for is if I need a third timer.

    By Blogger Robert, at 10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home