Strange Brouhaha

Sunday, September 10, 2006

This week's Saturday Six

Here's Patrick's latest Saturday Six (which really is the Saturday Six, even though it's labeled Sunday Seven).


1. How do you feel about a National ID card to replace individual state driver's licenses?

2. Where's the most embarrassing place you've ever fallen asleep?

3. How long does it take you, when looking at someone for the first time, to determine whether or not you are really attracted to the person?

4. Take the quiz: What kind of drunk are you?

5. When is the last time you were really drunk?

6. What caused the condition: Alcohol or something else?


1. On the one hand, we already have a national identification system. Even though your Social Security number isn't supposed to be used as identification, in practice it is. On the other hand, it seems to me that it would be a short hop from "Here's your national ID card" to "Papers, please." I'm against it: who needs yet another layer of bureaucracy?

2. The most embarassing place I fell asleep was probably in Professor Kaiser's Russian History class in college. He was mad. He was also terribly, terribly boring.

3. As with so many things, the answer to this depends on the person. It can be anywhere from ten seconds to an entire lifetime. What does "really attracted" mean, anyway? Does it mean "LET'S BANG!" or does it mean "Let's spend the rest of our lives together" or is it somewhere in between? I mean, I'm "attracted" to Rosario Dawson, but I don't think I'd have anything to say to her.

4. Um, okay. I have no idea what criteria this quiz uses.

You're A Passed Out Drunk

Drinking gives you that warm fuzzy feeling, until you're thrown in the back of a police car...


5. I don't think I've ever been "really drunk." I won an improptu drinking contest in college by drinking a six-pack of beer, but I only won because it was a big party and we ran out of ammunition. Otherwise, the other guy would have won because I really don't like alcoholic beverages all that much. I have a beer or some wine every now and then, and it's okay in small doses, but I don't really like it enough to get drunk. Mostly I just get sweaty, and I do enough of that that I don't need help to get that way.

6. Alcohol. Budweiser, if I remember correctly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home