Strange Brouhaha

Friday, May 11, 2007

And just in time for Script Frenzy, too

(Script Frenzy begins next month!)

I treated myself to a new computer, a Lenovo ThinkPad X60 Tablet PC. It's small, light, and loaded. I got a great deal on it, thanks to an Internet coupon; the loaded version I got ended up costing less than a coupon-less basic model.

Mmmm...Core 2 Duo.

It's got to go through the build process, but it should get here by the end of the month, in time for me to get it set up the way I like it and start using it for Script Frenzy--a real baptism by fire.

I won't stop using the iBook, of course; it's got my iTunes library, as well as my existing document archive and a few other things. It's just going to move into a role as a Respected Elder Statesman.

The big question, I guess, is why I'm not getting another Macintosh. The answer is...fool me once, shame on you--fool me twice, shame on me. (Didja hear that, Chimpy? Remember it--it's the right version, you stupid jackass.) I've gotten burned twice now by Apple's processor switches, and I'm sick of it. No matter how good OS X is, no matter how superior Notebook is to Microsoft One Note (at least as an outliner), the Macintosh as a platform has nothing to offer me anymore.

On the other hand...I guess it's back to virus scanners and spyware detectors and all of the inevitable trappings of Windows life. But damn it, I'm excited about my new box, excited about being able to hand-write notes and have them saved on the computer without needing to transcribe them, excited about going back to writing things longhand. YAY!

2 Comments:

  • What if you continued to do all your surfing on the Mac and save the PC for other uses?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:52 AM  

  • Hey...that's a really good idea. The only problem, I guess, is that some Flash-based sites are really slow on the Mac. But that's such an insignificant part of what I do on the Web.

    I wish I had thought of that!

    By Blogger Robert, at 11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home