Strange Brouhaha

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Some games I've been playing

I've been looking at the demo for Chocolatier recently. It's a lot of fun. I like trading games like this, and while the chocolate factory process is annoying, the trading aspect makes up for it in my opinion. A great deal at twenty bucks, and I'm sufficiently curious about the ending to buy it.

I can't say the same for Kingdom Hearts II, unfortunately. Circuit City had it for $10 last month, so I snapped it up because the first KH was really good--but it turns out I overpaid. The game got great reviews, but so far it's just a slow, dull mess. Someone forgot to flip the "fun" bit to "on".

Custom Robo Arena is a lot of fun. You buy parts for your robot, fight battles, and that's about it: simple and direct. It's a challenge matching your robot's loadout to your opponent's. My quibble with it, if I have to have one, is that the DS touchscreen is really like an afterthought. But whatever--it's fun, and that's something that Kingdom Hearts I is missing so far.

I've also been playing Tetris DS. It's fun if you like Tetris, although the game modes (other than the standard mode) are kind of forgettable.I'm not sorry I got it, especially since I bought it as part of a 3-for-2 sale.

For my birthday, I got the PS2 version of Test Drive Unlimited. Yes, I wasn't that impressed with it on the Xbox 360, but I figured that I'd give it a longer try. We'll see how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home