Strange Brouhaha

Saturday, June 23, 2007

901: The Friday Five

For my 901st post, here's the friday five.

1. If you were going to remake a movie, what would it be and who would you cast in the roles? In general, I don't like remakes, but I'll give this one a shot. The problem with remakes, of course, is that you have to bring something new to the table. I'd consider remaking The Odd Couple, but that's been done kind of a lot (I'd cast Tim Allen as Oscar and Bill Murray as Felix, just because that sounds too stupid to work). I think I'll end up passing on providing an actual answer, because all of the movies I'm considering remaking are musicals. Oh, no, wait, I would remake The Quiller Memorandum with Daniel Craig. (Who cares if he's also doing James Bond? He would make a great Quiller.)

2. If you could turn a book into a movie, what would it be and who would you cast in the roles? Max Allan Collins' True Detective, with Jake Gyllenhaal as Nate Heller. Jake was the first guy that came to mind. These books are really good, and there's series potential if the first one is a hit.

3. If you were going to turn a video game into a movie, what would it be? Would it be animated or live-action? I think that Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas would make a pretty good movie, actually. Live-action, I think.

4. You're going to turn a book into a TV series. What is it? Why would it make a good TV show? Robert Jordan's "Wheel of Time" series would make a good TV show. It's so long, and so detailed, that it could run literally forever without reaching an end. You know, kind of like the books have. I think that Heinlein's Lazarus Long would make a good central character for a TV show. Time travel is cool. (They'd probably have to gloss over the part where he sleeps with his own mother.)

5. Do you generally prefer the movie versions or the novel versions of works? Depends on the work, I guess. In general, though, filmed versions of books are never as good as the books because films are all about leaving stuff out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home