Strange Brouhaha

Friday, June 22, 2007

Friday Five

Here's today's Friday 5. This is the last post before the Very Special Event. Of course, with the way the blog displays, you'll probably see the Very Special Post long before you read this. Oh well!

1. If you get the first choice of Monopoly tokens, which do you choose? If someone else chooses it first, which is your second choice? The car, of course, followed by the hat. In my Green Bay Packer Monopoly set, it's the Cheesehead followed by the quarterback.

2. What’s a board game you are especially bad at? I like to play games, so I usually end up being pretty good at whatever I play, but if I had to pick one, I'd have to say that I stink at Go. No matter how I try, no matter how many books I read or games I play, I never get any better.

3. What board game are you particularly good at? Trivial Pursuit. I know a lot of really unimportant crap, so I love that kind of game. On a related note, I still remember the question that won me the first game of Trivial Pursuit I ever played: "Q: Who was Richard Nixon's first chief of staff? A: H.R. Haldeman."

4. How competitive do you get while playing board games or party games? I like to win, and I give no quarter. Not even to five-year-olds. However, I wouldn't go so far as to call myself "competitive," at least not as far as I understand the connotations. I don't get all arrogant and shouty and stuff--or at least I hope I don't.

5. What’s your favorite board game? What’s a board game you can’t stand? My favorite board game is Trivial Pursuit. Like I said, I love a good trivia game. I really can't stand Operation, if that counts as a board game, because it seems to me that there's very little "game" to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home