Strange Brouhaha

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Bbbbbbooking through Thursday

Here's today's Booking Through Thursday.

1. Do you have any old school books? Did you keep yours from college? Old textbooks from garage sales? Old workbooks from classes gone by? Yeah, I sure do. That stuff was expensive, man, you can't just throw it away. I still have all of my Computer Science texts (an algorithm is an algorithm), although I seem to have misplaced my copy of Brooks. I still have a Russian textbook and reader. I still have most of my old German books, those little yellow and green and orange Reclam things. And I still have my copy of Aldwell and Schachter. (It did not cost $113 seventeen years ago.)

2. How about your old notes, exams, papers? Do you save them? Or have they long since gone to the great Locker-in-the-sky?
I have notebooks and papers that date back to high school, as a matter of fact. I keep them around because I always used a section of my notebooks for writing stories, and I occasionally mine them for ideas. Some of them are not too bad, and of course some of them are awful. It's interesting to look at those old notebooks, though; for example, one of them has a bunch of trigonometry notes in it. They are gibberish to me now--but back in the day I tutored people in trigonometry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home