Strange Brouhaha

Friday, June 15, 2007

Wednesday? Well, no.

I forgot to do the Wednesday Mind Hump this week. Oops.


1. Have you ever cut or burned yourself while cooking?

2. Have you ever put in a wrong ingredient in a dish (sugar instead of salt, for example)?

3. Have you ever dropped, or otherwise ruined, a dish just before serving it? Bonus points if you had a large number of people waiting to eat it.

4. In case you aren't a cook - Have you ever had a restaurant make a klutzy move that affected your meal? Tell us about it!


1. Oh yes, quite badly. Badly enough that I had to go to the emergency room. I had finished off a pan-fried chicken dish in the oven (it was very good), but forgot that it had been in the oven--after I plated everything, I picked up the pan with my bare hand.

2. Nope.

3. Yeah; I burned a dish that had a lot of really expensive ingredients in it, and that had taken a lot of effort to prepare. I didn't have a lot of people waiting to eat it--five is all--but I was still extremely disappointed. (We ate it anyway.)

4. Sort of. I went to a local eating establishment for lunch one day after visiting the library. I was seated, and I started to read. After a few chapters, I realized that I had yet to see a waiter. I just got up and left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home