Strange Brouhaha

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Press butt sits grime floor?

(Bonus points to anyone who knows what that's from without looking it up!) It's time for the Saturday Six, what with it being Saturday and all.


1. How far from your home is your nearest fire station?

2. Have you ever made a call to your local 911 service? If so, how long did it take for emergency personnel -- whatever type you needed -- to arrive?

3. If you had to choose one of the following, which emergency employee would you want to be: police officer, dispatcher, paramedic, firefighter; and why would you choose that one?

4. Take the quiz: What firefighter tool are you?

5. When you were little, did you ever dream of being a first responder?

6. What is your favorite first-responder-related movie or television show; and how realistically do you think it depicts what they really go through?


1. I don't know the distance exactly, but we're pretty close to a station. Maybe a mile and a half?

2. A call was made on my behalf when I slipped and cracked my spine. I'd guess it took about 15 minutes. I'm actually not sure why the ambulance came from Middleton; there was a Madison station that was a lot closer. But whatever... the ambulance came quickly.

3. Dispatcher. I don't like arguing, I don't like medicine, and I don't like being hot.

4. I'm a New York Roof Hook, whatever that may be.

5. No.

6. Emergency. My impressive was that it was pretty realistic, but what do I know?

1 Comments:

  • 1. I don't know - but we can see the fire station from our house.
    2. Once - the ambulance was fast - but it was 2 a.m.
    3. Probably none - if I had to pick - a dispatcher.
    4. pass
    5. no
    6. From what I've been told by my son-in-law, who's a firefighter, no TV show has effectively portrayed what "first responders" do in a gruesome emergency.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home