Strange Brouhaha

Friday, October 12, 2007

Friday5.org

Friday5.org is all about "Lasts" today.

1. What was the last thing you baked? Hmm...I believe it was some M&M blondie bars. I'm supposed to whip something up for a bake sale in a couple of weeks, and although I have no idea how much I'm supposed to make or how I'm supposed to portion them out, I do have a cookbook: Boyle and Irey's amazingDiner Desserts, given to us by a friend who himself has a well-worn copy.

2. What was the last thing you tried on for size? A couple of weeks ago, we were asked to wear "nice" clothes to work. I had to buy a new pair of pants. But I think the last thing I actually tried on was an aloha-style shirt, which I ended up buying as well.

3. What was the last thing you purchased on credit? In the classical sense of the term, our 2006 Ford Focus, which we bought not long after our Chicago disaster. In terms of the last thing I put on a credit card, I bought some model-building supplies last weekend.

4. What was the last thing you put a postage stamp on? This week, I mailed some bills. The very last bill I stamped was one that went to pay for the transmission of some medical records related to my accident in March.

5. What was the last thing you took a photo of? The Child's dance school has a mosquito problem during hot, humid late-summer days. They're everywhere. You can't walk from the parking lot to the studio without getting chomped on. At night, smart spiders are all over the building's exterior lights, spinning webs and catching insects. These spiders get to be REALLY fat. Every time I pass them, I say to myself, "I have GOT to get a picture of this!" Finally, I remembered to grab a camera from work, and I took some photos of the spiders. None of them turned out well--too much wind shaking the webs, too much jitter from the photographer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home