Strange Brouhaha

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

The Old Feed Mill was in top form this year, serving up a nice spread of food. Three-bean salad, fresh cranberry relish, homemade rolls, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, stuffing, mushroom strudel. For meats, they laid out cornbread-stuffed pork roast (the cornbread was not terribly successful, but the pork was great), a very nice thinly-sliced roast beef, and of course turkey.

The turkey was okay, but it really made me want to make chuk. I miss having chuk. And chuk makes me think of gau for some reason...maybe I'll make some for Chinese New Year. Mmm.

(Speaking of turkey, if you cooked at home this year and are not going to make chuk, at least consider making your own stock--don't let the carcass go to waste. Ruhlman tells you how and why.)

I'm thankful for a lot this year. I've had a good year at work, and I'm thankful that my accident didn't end up being a lot worse than it was. I'm thankful for a roof over our heads and food to eat. I'm thankful for our health and for yours, whoever and wherever you are.

Here's hoping that next year is good for everyone.

1 Comments:

  • Thanks, same to you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home