Strange Brouhaha

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Please stop. Please.

I am here tonight to beg two groups of writers to stop using two phrases.

First: Gadget blog writers, please stop using the word "rocks" as a substitute for "has," as in "this USB hub rocks off switches" or "this setup rocks dual monitors". It's awful. It's bad enough that every damn person on "Project Runway" uses "rock" to mean "wore well," as in "The model rocked my outfit!" I don't need to have EVERY SINGLE REVIEW I read say that gadget X "rocks" feature Y. It's stupid.

Second: Food catalog writers, please stop using the word "decadent" as a substitute for "chocolate." I swear, I was looking at a food catalog today and it seemed like every single chocolate item description contained the word "decadent" or "decadence." We get it. It's chocolate. It's rich. Break out the Roget's and use another word.

I shall expect these changes to take effect immediately. HOP TO IT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home