Strange Brouhaha

Monday, February 26, 2007

The Academy Awards

Just a few observations on the Oscars, which I haven't trusted since "Ghost" won the screenplay award.

1. I joined late, so I thankfully missed Will Ferrell.

2. I was shocked when "Happy Feet" won the Animated Feature award. "Happy Feet" had better be a hell of a movie, because "Cars" was great.

3. The "here are all the dead people" montage was interesting. The applause ebbed and flowed based on the relative fame of the people being shown--so it was a surprise that when June Allyson came up, the applause remained at the polite "who the hell are you" level.

4. Jennifer Hudson blew Beyonce off the stage. I mean, Beyonce can sing, and I've heard her sing with power, but last night her voice just didn't stand up against Hudson and Anika Noni Rose.

I don't watch "American Idol"--the one time I did, my ears started to bleed, and I was watching a season finale performance by the people who were supposedly the best--but this should go a long way towards proving that people are stupid. The idea that THAT VOICE got the boot is just tragic.

1 Comments:

  • Of the three animated films, Happy Feet was a distant third. Monster House was best, followed by Cars, then Happy Feet. Monster House was great.

    By Blogger Madison Squash Workshop, at 9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home