Strange Brouhaha

Monday, February 26, 2007

Two things

1. "Bizarre Foods" is on. Andrew Zimmern is in the Philippines. I can't wait to see him eat balut. You know he's going to. (Yup--it turns out to be the first thing. Short take: he liked it.)

2. Patrick's Sunday Seven was Name your seven favorite pieces of American architecture. So, let's see, number one would have to be Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater. Yeah, its design was flawed, but it looks so beautiful sitting there. You can thank whoever it was that reinforced the cantilevers against Wright's wishes. I always thought that Hawaii's State Capitol building was neat. The Empire State, but I think that I like that more because of Doc Savage than as a building. The Sears Tower. I used to know more about this stuff...uh, how about the Guggenheim, although I feel like mentioning it is kind of cliched. Monticello. Penn Station.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home