Strange Brouhaha

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Rush: Snakes and Arrows

I finally remembered that there was a new Rush album, and I picked it up this weekend. After a couple of spins through it, all I can say is...eh. I just don't like the production; the songs aren't terribly dynamic.

Nor are they interesting or memorable. If I were to go to a concert, there's not one of these tunes about which I would say "I hope they play that!" the way I am about some of their other songs.

Get it for completeness' sake, but much like "Test For Echo," I don't think I'll be listening to it again.

1 Comments:

  • Totally. I give them some credit for continuing to put out new material, but I don't see this one being enshrined in the pantheon of great Rush albums.

    Still, I'll go see them when they come through here in the fall.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home