Strange Brouhaha

Friday, September 07, 2007

Cosmic propinquity!

After my office-supply lust from the previous entry, it was mildly humorous to find out that Friday 5 was about office supplies. All systems go!

1. What’s your favorite small office supply (like something that can fit in your top desk drawer)? Pens. I love pens. I love fountain pens, I love ball-point pens, I love felt-tip pins. I love expensive pens, I love cheap pens. There's just something about ink, I don't know what it is. About the only kind of pen I really don't care for is a gel pen. Leaves me cold.

2. What’s your favorite medium office supply (like something that can fit on your desktop)? Mini organizers--the kind that hold pens and pencils, with little trays for paper clips and binder clips, a space for Post-It notes, a little slot to hold envelopes

3. What’s your favorite large office supply (like a furnishing or a large tool)? Desks.

4. To which specific office supply do you have a particular personal attachment? My Auntie Jeannie gave me a nice Cross ballpoint pen for my high school graduation. It had black enamel and gold trim, and for many, many years I used that pen to do my taxes. I loved that pen. It was the best pen I've ever had. It got lost in one of our moves, or I'd still be using it today. Runner up: The Wife gave me an antique fountain pen as a gift once. It never wrote satisfactorily, but it was still cool.

5. Which office supply do you consider yourself something of an expert on? I used to have an intrinsic bond with complicated copy machines, but now, I don't know.

1 Comments:

  • 1. Ditto. I have a Cross gel that I carry around currently, but I'm getting the itch again. I have around 600 other pens of every type and quality at home. Noodler's ink is fun!!

    2. Containers. All kinds. Specialized or not.

    3. A shredder. Shredders make crap disappear. My snail mail is generally in this ratio - keep:10% pitch:30%, shred:60%,

    4. I don't think I really have anything that I wouldn't give away at the drop of a hat (and I have). If I find I really miss it, I'll buy another one, but chances are it's really just the current twaddle.

    5. None. The only thing I'm an expert in is Windows computing and that's a dime-a-dozen.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home