Strange Brouhaha

Monday, December 31, 2007

Strange Brouhaha: The Year In Review

It's the traditional time for year-end recaps, what with it being New Year's Eve and all, and I figured that I wouldn't buck tradition. 2007 was an up-and-down year for the whole world...but I'm not sure exactly how that would be different from any other year.

The problem, of course, is that since I lead a fairly unremarkable life, there's not a lot to recap!

In March, I fractured my spine when I slipped on some ice. I'm happy to report that it's pretty much all healed up; I've been reading through my archives and remembering what it was like to have to walk so slowly all the time and to be in so much pain. It wasn't fun.

In May, I was promoted at work. I have very few words of wisdom on this subject, although I do like what I had to say in October about my first job.

In June, I participated in and "won" ScriptFrenzy. This year, ScriptFrenzy is moving to April. I'll be ready. (They're also moving from a word-count goal to a page-count goal. We'll see how that goes.)

In November, my iBook G4 died. It turns out that my promise to never buy another Macintosh only lasted a few months, but that's okay. I recovered everything I needed to recover from the dead machine. No, I'm still not doing regular backups.

In December, we got Rock Band for Christmas and have been having a blast. My complaint? Two complaints, actually--first, my guitar broke and I'll be taking advantage of the warranty replacement, and second, the microphone doesn't fit into a standard mic stand, so I can't sing and play guitar or drums at the same time.

And...that's really it. My excuse (at least this year) is that my activity was severely curtailed by my back injury. But the truth is that I lead a fairly quiet life, and that's the way I like it.

Sports note: don't forget the Sugar Bowl tomorrow--the University of Hawaii plays Georgia. Go Warriors! (The BCS, by the way, should be called the "Not Everyone Is Eligible for the Bowl Championship" series.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home