Strange Brouhaha

Monday, January 21, 2008

Briefly Noted


  • "Oh somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright; the band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light, and somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children shout; but there is no joy in Mudville--mighty Casey has struck out." Thanks for losing the NFC Championship, Brett. Yeah, you got the Packers there and the regular season was awesome, but the only one throwing those dumbass passes into triple coverage on Sunday was you. Right now, I feel a little bit like Hitler in this video.

    The deal with Brett Favre has always been "you have to take the bad with the good, because it's what makes him Brett Favre." But Jesus...he was supposed to be the "under control" Favre this season.


  • Give Me Five on Becca's Buzz asks for our five favorite eBay searches. I go through phases with eBay, and haven't looked for a while, but here they are: clarinets, HOn30, HOn3, X-Men comics, and Doc Savage. Why? Every so often, I believe that I could learn the clarinet; HOn30 and HOn3 are model railroad gauges, and every so often I get the itch to build something (that itch has resulted in about a dozen unbuilt kits on my workbench); every so often, I try to look up a copy of my favorite old X-Men comics, but I don't need to now that my dad has sent some of them along; and every so often I try to look up some Doc Savage magazines because Doc was awesome.


  • "Rhythm Of The Night" by DeBarge is on the XM 80s channel right now. It's noteworthy only because I remember that as being a color guard audition song one year in high school. You know, of all the things I participated in back then, that's one I kind of wish I hadn't done. At least not the second year.


  • The other day, when the high temperature was one degree below zero Fahrenheit, I was buying some groceries. When the checker asked how I was doing, I said "Well, I suppose it could be worse. But it is really cold out." She agreed with me. But the bagger said "Hey, look on the bright side. When was the last time you saw a mosquito?" I had to acknowledge the wisdom...but when I stepped out into the cold, my nostrils froze, and I would have gladly slapped away a mosquito or two instead.


  • Here's a bit of what you're missing because you're not me and you don't have the Shadow Warriors box set.

    Two things I am not bearing kindly after watching a bunch of episodes over the last few days: first, the music is ALWAYS the same, and it's starting to get on my nerves--that nice little ballad that plays when Hanzo and crew are running is ALWAYS what plays when they're out to kick ass; second, I have a strong dislike for day-for-night shooting, and that's almost all they use in this show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home