Strange Brouhaha

Thursday, January 24, 2008

"Just enough to piss you off"

Since the car I'm currently driving to and from work has no radio, I've had to spend some time thinking. Here's what I was thinking about yesterday.




It snowed today. Not a lot; in the words of someone I work with, it snowed "just enough to piss you off."

How much is that? Here's what I came up with:

...When it snows enough so that you have to start the car and get out the scraper and brush off your windows, but not enough so that the car is warm when you climb into it.

...When it snows enough so that the roads are slow, but not bad enough for the city to send out plows and salt trucks.

...When it snows enough so that your walkway needs shoveling, but not enough for the landscaping service (we live in a condominium development) to come and do it.

According to my calculations, there was indeed just enough snow to piss me off. I had to scrape off the car, but still had to sit there shivering while it warmed up. It took me over an hour to make a twenty-five minute drive. And when I got home, I had to shovel.

When we moved here, I loved the snow and the winter. Now I have won the victory over myself and have joined the ranks of people annoyed by winter.

I don't know, though...the thought of living somewhere where it never gets like this just doesn't appeal, either.

1 Comments:

  • I guess it's better than molten lava.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home