Strange Brouhaha

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Five...times five...that's twenty five, isn't it?

I'm going to have to come up with 25 things for Take 5 Tuesday, but that's okay because I did it last week too.

1. 5 of your favorite blogs. noise-to-signal, Gizmodo, Boing Boing, Sadly, No!, and By Ken Levine. I consider Glenn Greenwald (you may need to click past an ad) to be essential reading, sort of an emeritus in this category.

2. 5 things you bought recently. Uh, gosh. This doesn't say the last five things, just five recent things. Let's see: A 1 GB Memory Stick M2 for my cell phone (works like a charm, but I wish the phone used MicroSD instead); lunch at Nick's Restaurant on State Street (very good mushroom-swiss burger); Christopher Vogler's The Writer's Journey (haven't had a chance to look at it yet); breakfast at Hubbard Avenue Diner in Middleton (I had a Denver omelet, which was really good--and I don't usually like green peppers); and a book on comedy writing, the title of which escapes me at the moment.

3. 5 of your favorite sports to watch. In this order: Volleyball, University of Hawaii football, Green Bay Packers football, baseball (in a stadium), and Formula 1 racing. Honorable mentions to roller derby and professional wrestling.

4. 5 of your favorite numbers, (if you actually have 5 of them.) Pi (3.1415926535), e (2.718281828), Avogadro's number (6.0221415 x 10^23), c (the speed of light, 186,282.397 miles per second) and, of course, the number of dull people it takes to change a light bulb.

5. 5 completely random things. Completely random? First, there are three pens in the organizer on my desk. Second, the capital of New York is Albany. Third, when the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's amore. Fourth, when the moon is in the seventh house, and Jupiter aligns with Mars, then peace will guide the planets and love will steer the stars. Finally, it turns out that I do not know the way to San Jose.

4 Comments:

  • (Savannah)

    5 favorite blogs: Feed Me!, April's CR Diary, noise-to-signal, ErosBlog (over 18 only), and PurseBlog.

    5 recent purchases: Oreo cookies, Dove Sensitive Skin body wash, deli cheddar cheese, apples, grapefruit.

    5 favorite sports: gymnastics, rhythmic gymnastics, and I fear we are going to have to break the ice skating down by category--ladies' singles, pairs, and ice dance--because there *are* no other sports I like to watch.

    5 favorite numbers: 7, 21, 3, 103, 31.

    5 completely random things: Anthracite. Pandemonium. Indifference. Luck. Struggle.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:05 PM  

  • Blogs - BreakfastLiverpool, Darla Mack, Dvorak Uncensored, jkOnTheRun, Slice

    Recent purchases - OXO stuff, Nintendo DS, Hoyle Card Games 2008, Breathe Right strips, HowardTV

    Fav sports - That's tough: basketball, baseball, darts, ?, ?

    Fav numbers - Nothing jumps out at me

    Random things - lisdcf, -0qe, 54, rfy, hit13r

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:58 PM  

  • Ooh...darts. Yeah, that's a good one; I can sit and watch a darts tournament. And I enjoy it. Too bad it's on so rarely.

    I have to admit that I occasionally enjoy watching bowling and golf, too.

    By Blogger Robert, at 3:03 PM  

  • Forgot about billiards.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home