Strange Brouhaha

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Today's Booking Through Thursday

I've answered a Booking Through Thursday before. Here's another.


But, enough about books. . . what else do you read?? Magazines? Newspapers? Professional journals? Cereal boxes? Phone books? Purchase invoices? Homework?
(Please be specific. There may be a test later.)


Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: I'm an inveterate reader. I prefer it to pretty much anything else. I read all of the things mentioned above. Even purchase invoices. Heck, I read soda bottles when there's nothing else around. For print magazines, I regularly read Smithsonian and Premiere, and irregularly read Jazz Improv, Computer Music, 3D World, mental_floss, White Dwarf, and a raft of others. Newspapers, the Sunday NYT, the Web versions of the Honolulu Star-Bulletin and Wisconsin State Journal. Professional journalls, Sys Admin, Dr. Dobbs Journal, I used to read Java Developer's Journal. I'll read a cereal box if it's there. I did in fact read the phone book tonight (actually, I helped what's-her-name learn how to use it).

Heck, I'm so bad I try to anagram almost everything I see, read it backwards to see if it says anything (ylsuoires), see how many words I can make out of it, even try and expand words as if they were acronyms (for example, "word"="wear one red dress" and "wipe out rabid dictators").

1 Comments:

  • (Savannah) Typo alert! You put an extra "l" in "journals."

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home