Strange Brouhaha

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

More Random Spewing

If I've linked to this already, I apologize, but Script Frenzy is launching in June. Sharpen your pencils! I'm a touch nervous about it, given that I really hated National Novel Writing Month last year, but whatever. I'll do it anyway.

On a completely different note, in an "I do not think that word means what you think it means" moment, here's an article from Frommer's describing the Hasegawa General Store as indefatigable. It's not really the right word to use there; I think they want "undefeated" or "unbeaten". In that context, "indefatigable" just seems wrong.

CNN has the worst headline writers in the business. Today, they had a headline that read "Crappy grades lead to minority acceptance" (or something like that--the "Crappy grades" part is accurate"). Somehow, I don't think the word "crappy" is part of CNN's journalistic standards. They changed it later. I have screenshots, just not here. I'll post them later. The really bad part (as if "crappy" wasn't crappy enough) is that the headline really had nothing to do with the video, which dealt with peer pressure.

Don't call it a comeback, because they never went away. Or something. I can't believe that there's a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie coming out. What's the point? I mean, unless they're having a return to the incredibly-serious-yet-at-the-same-time-clearly-a-parody tone of the Eastman and Laird original comics, which does not appear to be the case. (I may very well be one of the few people in America to have paid actual money for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles album in the early 90s. I still have it...somewhere.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home