Strange Brouhaha

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Hair Metal Queen's 3x Thursday

Here's 3x Thursday.


1. What do you think of all-time high gas prices? Do you think it's really due to supply & demand, or more towards Big Oil making money as a direct result of what is going on in the Middle East in general? Why/why not?

2. Do you have a prediction for the outcome of the Iraq War? What is it? Why? If you don't have a prediction, why not?

3. Do you think that music has suffered at the hands of technology? How so/how not?


1. I think it sucks. I mean, I heard that we're nearly at the level (adjusted for inflation) that we were at in the 70s. I don't think it's really due to supply and demand. I fall firmly into the "it's the Monkey's fault" camp. I mean, come on: cui bono? Daddy's oil company friends who got the Chimp appointed President in the first place. Oil prices are based on "stuff might happen" anyway. Not on anything real.

2. Disaster, as Long as the Republicans are in charge. I dunno, I think eventually we'll get. out -- although obviously the capitulating Democrats seem hell-bent on making that impossible. See Keith Olbermann for a superbly scathing assessment of that situation.

3. Others have already said it much better than I could: "All this machinery making modem music can still be open-hearted -- not so coldly charted, it's really just a question of your honesty." In this case, of course, "others" are Rush.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home