Strange Brouhaha

Sunday, October 21, 2007

R.I.P. Max McGee

Legendary Green Bay Packer wide receiver Max McGee died yesterday in a rather ignominious way...falling off his roof while blowing leaves.

I never saw McGee play except in highlight films, so to me he was always that bizarre guy calling the Packers games on the radio with Jim Irwin. Part of the fun of listening to the games on the radio was waiting to hear what wacko thing Max would say next. (Not to mention that he and Irwin called the games a million times better than any television announcers; most people I know turned off the TV sound and tuned in the radio broadcast.)

1 Comments:

  • (fj) - Sorry to hear about Max McGee. I did see him play (on TV). I do remember something alluded to in the news article - you could count on Max making the big play when it was needed. He was the go to guy in the clutch.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home