Strange Brouhaha

Saturday, March 08, 2008

Feast Time, Uncle Red

Here's Friday's Feast for yesterday.

If you could be any current celebrity for one whole week, who would you want to be? Would I be able to transfer funds to myself from that celebrity's bank account? Because if so, Bill Gates. Otherwise...is the life of a celebrity really so interesting that I'd want to take it over? Because reading a book in, say, Brad Pitt's body isn't going to be any different from reading it in mine.

On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being highest), how much do you enjoy talking on the phone? For a long time after I left the School District, I would have answered this "1 or less". I'm up to 2 or 3 now. I like talking to my family, and my parents, and my sister, and other people who are far away. But that's about it. I still refuse to make outgoing calls--even to renew my prescriptions, which is a completely automated process--unless there's nobody else around who can do it. Ask The Wife; I bet it pisses her off.

Name a charitable organization to which you have donated (or would like to). I don't like discussing this, because it seems to me that people who say, "and I donated X dollars to Y charity" are saying it so you'll notice them and tell them what wonderful people they are. Donate money because there are people out there who need it, not because you want some sort of pat on the back.

What is a food you like so much you could eat it every single day for a month? Sushi. Which is a cheat, because there are so many varieties!

Have you or anyone in your family had the flu this year? Yes. The Wife is coming out the end of a week-long bout, and I am similarly recovering. The Child so far has been spared.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home