Strange Brouhaha

Friday, September 22, 2006

Friday Fun

I suppose that pretty soon I'll have to stop letting other people come up with topics for me to write about, but until that day comes, here's today's Friday Fun from Multifaceted Mama.


1. When you are having a slow morning, is there a particular song that gets you going?
2. What is your favorite kind of music?
3. What is the last song you heard?
4. Do you and your significant other have A Song? What is it and why?
5. Do certain songs bring back memories for you? Give us an example!!


1. Hmmm. You know, I'd have to say that there really isn't. Anything mid- to up-tempo.

2. Right now, I'm listening to a lot of metal at work because I have a lot to get done and it helps me work faster without sacrificing quality. Overall, my favorite music is probably still Hawaiian music.

3. "White And Nerdy" by "Weird Al" Yankovic. I am quite willing to cop to most of the nerdy things in this song, from D&D to Stephen Hawking to memorizing pi. (Not to a thousand digits, though--just a hundred.)

4. No, but I suppose you could say "I Remember You" by Skid Row is Our Song, but only because we shared a good laugh over hearing it so many times on the radio.

5. I wrote a couple of songs specifically to bring back memories. But I suppose they mean a song that more than a few people have actually heard. There's the aforementioned "I Remember You." DeBarge's "Rhythm Of The Night" evokes memories of practicing the color guard audition routine on the Lower School playground when I was in high school. "Bui Doi" from the "Miss Saigon" score reminds me of driving around with Scott Kim, listening to that song.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home