Strange Brouhaha

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Monday Music Mambo

Here's the Monday Music Mambo from Blogdrive Insanity. It's interesting--you get to take musicians to lunch!


First, tell us where you're going and what kind of food they serve.

Next, choose one person for each category to invite to lunch. They can be alive or not-so-aliv.:

A guitar player
A lead singer
A woman
A Beatle
A country artist
The least-famous member of your favorite band.


I'd take my lunch posse to Hubbard Avenue Diner. They serve diner-type food and have great pie. Well, very good pie. (And by the way, I'm assuming here that it has to be somewhere that I can afford to take six people. If it's sky's-the-limit, screw it--we're going to The French Laundry.)

Now, for the crew: Jim Hall, Geddy Lee, Alison Kraus, Paul McCartney, Natalie Maines, and, uh...I'll have to get back to you on that last one. I can't think of a "favorite" band right now.

3 Comments:

  • Hmm, okay. I'm taking the fantasy route here, and I'm going to the Pizza Palace circa 1983. The Pizza Palace serves Sicilian pizza in Middletown, Connecticut, and It Is The Best Pizza Ever. 1983 was my favorite year there.

    My crew is: Sharon Isbin, Mick Jagger, Annie Lennox, John Lennon, Martina McBride, and the middle brother in Hanson, not because I like that band, but because I saw them live on TV once, and the middle brother was doing the most work and getting the least credit. He was clearly holding everything together. For that reason alone, I'd like to talk to him. (That's why I chose everyone else--I think they'd be the most articulate. Look at Mick Jagger's face--it is its own analysis of the music business and late 20th century history. And he seems to know that. I'd be interested to see how he put words to it.)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:36 AM  

  • Alison Kraus is a guitar player, a lead singer, a woman and a country artist. Maybe you could ditch McCartney and the other guy and go somewhere nice.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:09 PM  

  • Nominee for Rob's sixth guest: John Rutsey.






    Maybe not completely accurate, but mildly amusing, no?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home