Strange Brouhaha

Sunday, March 09, 2008

What's on your desk?

What's on your desk?

Here's what's on my desk at home, from left to right and back to front:


  • Computer speakers.

  • 150GB external hard drive.

  • Logitech USB mouse.

  • A picture of The Child and her friend.

  • A stack of paper fortune tellers.

  • A desk caddy containing three pens, two pencils, a stack of post-its, a stack of bills, postage stamps, and a 2GB SD card.

  • A coiled-up bit of pipe cleaner.

  • A piece of driftwood.

  • A checkbook.

  • A Nintendo DS.

  • Acer LCD computer monitor.

  • Batgirl, Batman, and Captain America.

  • A pinecone.

  • Mac Mini.

  • iPod dock.

  • The mouse for the Macintosh.

  • Two old checkbooks.

  • A blank CD.

  • A piece of pottery that's supposed to go with me to my office.

  • My glasses.

  • A box of tissues.

  • A wedding invitation.

  • A stack of receipts.

  • A couple of music CDs.

  • A sketchbook.

  • A Memory Stick for a PSP.

  • A boxed copy of Media Manager for PSP.

  • Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War.

  • The September 2007 Alfred Hitchcock Mystery Magazine.

  • Another stack of post-its.

  • A business card holder for my wallet.

  • A pair of earbuds.

  • The Child's nametag from her desk at school.

  • A cloth for cleaning my laptop screen.

  • The aforementioned laptop.

  • The remote for the Mac Mini.

  • A permission slip for a field trip--it's waiting for me to dig out four bucks.

  • A renewal form for National Geographic.

  • My cell phone.

  • My iPod.

  • A stack of our tax info.

  • Two copies of TurboTax (they sent 'em to me in the mail; you pay for it online, so it's not like I'm getting charged twice).

  • The following books:

    • Robbins, "HTML & XHTML Pocket Reference"

    • Meyer, "CSS Pocket Reference"

    • Maxwell, "Leadership 101"

    • Arthur, "The First-Time Manager's Guide to Performance Appraisals"

    • Killian, "Writing Science Fiction and Fantasy"

    • Howard, "The Coming of Conan the Cimmerian"



  • The Logitech wireless mouse for the laptop.



It sounds like a lot, but the desk is actually neat and organized.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home